Reporting to the Logistic Manager, the Packaging Associate is responsible for the packaging of various strains of marijuana plants for medicinal and recreational consumer use. Ensuring the proper set-up, quality controls, packaging specs and inventory procedures are adhered to as per Company policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) ensuring compliance with Health Canada and other regulatory agencies.
• Manually package and label cannabis product as per consumer specs
• Handling of product in a manner that maintains the quality and integrity of product
• Responsible for communication between shifts with Supervisors of key issues or potential issues
• Demonstrated ability to meet packaging schedules and quotas as directed by the Logistics Manager and /or Director Operations
• Adhered to Beleave’s standards of excellence when it comes to promoting the integrity of our consumer product, the importance of a clean workspace and adhering to health and safety regulations, Health Canada requirements, internal policies and procedures and any other legislative requirements
• Maintain documentation and continued development of internal processes as directed
• Maintain the accurate compilation of data for internal inventory tracking systems as directed
• Ensures constant updates are provided for any and all packaging-related equipment and procedures
• Will be required to be on-call and to respond to emergency situations at any time. This may include scheduling issues, potentially covering a vacant shift, facility issues and/ or human resources requirements
• Fosters teamwork and promotes morale of all employees; participates in an environment where the entire team does the same.
• Support and contribute to special projects, process improvements and performs other duties as assigned
The candidate will have a minimum of a high school diploma, college diploma or prior experience within a manufacturing or packaging environment ideal.
• Proficient in Microsoft and Excel tools and the ability to learn new software applications
• Demonstrated ability and understanding of basic math
• Ability to listen well and communicate effectively
• Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately
• Ensures that safe conditions exist at all times within the work environment; adhere to safe work procedures
• Must be minimum of 19 years of age
• Clean security and criminal background check
• Must remain compliant with any and all legal or Company regulations for working in the industry
• Regularly required to perform grasping, reaching, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
• Must be able to stand for 8 hours
• Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 75 lbs (200 lbs with assistance)
Beleave Inc.is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America racialized persons / persons of colour, women and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Beleave is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all individuals feel valued, respected and supported. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should include those details with their application.
Qualified applicants should include a cover letter and resume with application. We thank all applicants for their interest in Beleave, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.